Bumblebee Batteries Limited Product Warranty
The BeeMax™ battery from Bumblebee Batteries carries a standard one year warranty for the 6.5Ah version and three years for the 8Ah version, with extended warranties optionally available at the time of purchase. The warranty for the BeeLine™ battery is one year. If your battery fails for any reason during normal use within the warranty period, we will repair or replace your battery at our discretion. Warranties are fully transferable.
Please note that no warranty is offered for core sticks that are sold individually.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
- A Warranty Registration card will be included with your battery. This card must be completed and sent back to Bumblebee Batteries to activate your warranty.
- Your BeeMax™ or BeeLine™ battery must be installed within 21 days of receipt.
- Only approved grid charging equipment may be used on your battery. Please contact us for a list of approved grid chargers.
- The battery must not be opened or tampered with in any way.
- The vehicle containing the BeeMax™ or BeeLine™ battery must be driven a minimum of 6,000 miles per year and a maximum of 32,000 per year during the warranty period.
- The vehicle containing the BeeMax™ or BeeLine™ battery must be operated for a minimum of 30 minutes every 21 days
- The warranty covers failures during normal vehicle operation only. Failure due to damage from accidents, water damage, extreme temperature conditions, excessive use, longer than thirty (30) days of non-operation, customer modifications to the vehicle’s electrical system, or acts of God are not covered.
- Your old battery, or “core”, must be received by Bumblebee Batteries within 45 days in order to be eligible for a core deposit refund. Cores must be received by Bumblebee Batteries within 90 days or the warranty on your new battery will be void.
Failure to meet the above terms and conditions will void your warranty. Warranty is fully transferable provided the above terms and conditions are followed.
Extended warranty coverage may be added at the time of purchase for additional cost, subject to the same terms and conditions.
Restrictions and Limitations of Liability
Bumblebee Batteries, LLC makes no other warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description, with respect to your purchase other than as set forth below. Bumblebee Batteries, LLC makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, with respect to any other manufacturer’s product or documentation, its quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description.
Except as provided below, Bumblebee Batteries, LLC is not liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage that may result from use or inability to use the battery. Under no circumstances shall Bumblebee Batteries, LLC be liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage exceeding the purchase price of the battery.
The warranty and remedies set forth below are exclusive and in lieu of all others, oral or written, expressed or implied. No reseller, agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this warranty.
Return of Non-Defective Products
A non-defective product may be returned to Bumblebee Batteries, LLC within thirty (30) days of the original order date for a refund of the original purchase price with the following amendments/fees:
Bumblebee Batteries, LLC will refund neither the original shipping cost nor the shipping and handling fees incurred from the products return. If the original purchase was made under a “Free Shipping” promotion then a standard shipping fee will be deducted from any return in counter to that offer.
No refund will be granted for products that have been opened, used, or tampered with in any way which jeopardizes Bumblebee Batteries, LLC’s ability to remarket or resell the product. Bumblebee Batteries, LLC maintains full discretion in decisions regarding a product’s fitness for return.
Any non-defective returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee, which percentage is taken from the final purchase price less any shipping or handling charges.
Quantity purchases of five or more batteries are not eligible for return.
To return a defective product, please contact our Customer Service Department for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and follow the Return of Products Instructions below. The RMA is valid for 10 days from date of issuance. Returns will not be accepted without an RMA.
Procedure for Obtaining Warranty Service
If repairs are required, the customer must obtain a RMA (Returning Merchandise Authorization) number and provide proof of purchase. RMA and services are rendered by Bumblebee Batteries, LLC only. Any shipping costs after 30 days (starting from the original date of purchase) on any item returned for repair is the customers’ responsibility. All returned products must have a RMA number written clearly on the outside of the package along with a letter detailing the problems and a copy of the original proof of purchase. No COD packages will be accepted. No package will be accepted without a RMA number written on the outside of the package. RMA numbers are only valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
Warranty Service Procedure
The following steps must be completed to obtain warranty service:
- Locate your Warranty Number (the order number from the original invoice through which the warranted product was first purchased) and contact Bumblebee Batteries customer service at 888-968-5005. IMPORTANT: Bumblebee Batteries is unable to issue an RMA or provide warranty coverage without a valid Warranty Number.
- Current OBDII codes must be obtained from your vehicle and validated prior to a RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization Number) being issued. Our customer service team will guide you in obtaining your OBDII codes. Bumblebee Batteries, LLC will not accept any shipments without a RMA number.
- Pack the battery in its original box or a well-protected box, as outlined in the Return Shipping Instructions. Bumblebee Batteries, LLC will not be responsible for shipping damage/loss of any product. It is very important that you write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the package. Ship the battery along with a copy of your original order confirmation or other proof of purchase, your name, address, phone number, description of the problem(s), and the RMA number you have obtained to:
Bumblebee Batteries, LLC
200 NE Victory Ave
Gresham, OR 97030
- Upon receiving the battery, Bumblebee Batteries, LLC will repair or replace your battery (at Bumblebee Batteries, LLC’s discretion) and will ship it back to you within sixty (60) days (dependent on parts availability) via FedEx.
- A $500 core deposit fee is required as a deposit guarantee when the RMA number is issued. This fee will be refunded back to your card once we receive the battery.
- Bumblebee Batteries, LLC will pay for shipping to and from the customer only within the first thirty days following the original product ship date. Following this 30-day period all shipping fees both for under warranty and post warranty service are the sole responsibility of the customer. The customer also assumes full liability for losses or damages resulting from shipping as well as all responsibility to pursue remuneration for such issues with their selected carrier.
Post Warranty Repair
For post warranty repair, the procedure is the same as outlined above for RMA and shipping. However, you are responsible for shipping charges both ways, current labor rates (if not under warranty), and the current price of part(s) used in repair, or the current price of a replacement battery.
Transfer of Warranty
Extended warranty coverage is fully transferable with the following conditions:
- The original warranty holder must contact Bumblebee Batteries within 30 days of the transfer date, and provide the order number from the original purchase invoice, along with the complete contact information for the new owner.
- Bumblebee Batteries will update warranty registration information within 5 business days.
- The new warranty holder must provide a copy of the original purchase invoice to be eligible for warranty coverage.
- Extended warranty coverage will be limited to the amount of time remaining on the original warranty purchased.